A Guide To Incubators, Accelerators And Co-Working Spaces In Dubai That Can Help You Grow Your Startup
If the decision of becoming an entrepreneur equips you with a certain degree of freedom, it rips you off some basic day-to-day provisions as well. Yes, being an entrepreneur means that you can work as and when you like, but it also means that you need your own physical workplace in addition to other intangible supports that otherwise your employer would have provided you with.
Concepts like incubators, accelerators and co-working spaces are the answer to all these problems. Dubai is home to some of the best options and so that you don’t waste time in browsing websites and making calls to confirm details of these options, we have done it for you. Have a look at the ten best incubators or co-working spaces in the city of Dubai.
- In5: They call themselves an enabling platform for entrepreneurs and start-ups. The creative space coupled with training programs and community wide networking events makes it the first choice of many entrepreneurs in Dubai.
Location: Dubai Internet City.
Contact: +971 4 4511555
- DTEC: Dubai Technology Entrepreneur Centre is one of the largest technology, entrepreneurial and innovation hubs not just in Dubai, but also in the region. It is home to hundreds of startups and SMEs from more than 60 countries.
Location: Silicon Oasis
Contact: +971 4 501 3905
- Dubai Future Accelerators: Launched in 2016 by His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and the Chairman of Dubai Future Foundation, DFA is a nine-week program that’s “not an incubator” but a platform that lets you use the city as a test bed for your solutions. DFA pairs startups with various arms of the Dubai government to work on transformative solutions, ensuring a win-win strategy.
Location: Emirates Towers – The Boulevard, Dubai
- Impact Hub: Entrepreneurs, innovators, creatives, techies or freelancers – whoever you are, Impact Hub is a lab to accelerate your ideas and help you get going with your business. It is one of the most happening co-working spaces in the city.
Location: Saaha Offices, Block B, Core B, Unit 304, Downtown
Contact: 04 375 4444, email@example.com
- Dubai SME: Established as a division of the Department of Economic Development (DED), Dubai SME supports, informs and reaches out for the growing small and medium enterprise (SME) sector. Targeting the UAE nationals, it provides services from planning of finances, simplifying official procedures and establishing a business from scratch.
Location: Business Village, Block A, 2nd Floor Near Clock Tower.
Contact: 800 SME (763), firstname.lastname@example.org
- AstroLabs: Region’s premier co-working space and learning space for technology start-ups, Astro Hub aims to create a thriving technology ecosystem in the region. It hosts a community of entrepreneurs representing over 80 startups involved in building a variety of innovative technologies.
Location: Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Cluster R, Dubai.
Contact: +97144541159, email@example.com
- Fintech Hive: Specially focusing on financial start ups, FinTech Hive invites entrepreneurs to analyze the opportunities within the financial sector, and propose creative FinTech solutions for regional and international leading financial institutions.
Location: Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Contact: +971 4 362 2222
- 1776 Dubai – A global incubator and seed funder, 1776 partnered with the Dubai Foundation of the Future, to create a dynamic community of startups, institutions and government leaders focusing on advancing transformative technological change in industries.
Location: Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel, The Boulevard, First Floor.
- A4 Space: If you are looking for a co-working space that inspires and influences the creatives, this is what you should consider. Best part is – it is free! The space has free wifi, a cinema room and a café too.
Location: Alserkal Avenue
Contact: +971 50 556 9797, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Bureau – It helps you start, manage and grow your business in Dubai with some interesting packages. The highlight would be the free one day pass and a free business consultation call.
Location: 530 B Saaha Offices, Souk Al Bahar Dubai – Dubai
Contact: +971 4427 2100
- Turn8/The Cribb: Investing in innovation with global reach – says the tagline. One of the most famous names in Dubai’s entrepreneurial ecosystem, Turn8 has funded over 70 start-ups till date. If you are looking to learn to thrive in the seismic shifts for the global trade economy, this is your place. The Cribb is the accelerator host.
Location: Office 1705, Fortune Tower, Cluster C, JLT, Dubai.
Contact: +971 43197645, email@example.com
- TechStars Dubai: This one may be a new kid on the block, but is already striving to make a difference to the Emirate’s aspiring entrepreneurs. While Techstars’ worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed globally, the organization kicked off its Dubai operations in 2017, expanding their presence in the Middle East with a mentorship-driven accelerator program in partnership with GINCO, a full service general contracting firm. It seeks to support pioneering entrepreneurs leading solving challenges in transportation, construction, wellness, IoT, robotics and beyond.
Location: Area 2071, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Dubai